Photos by Lt Col Tinnirello
|1st Lt Matthew Gast, Capt Terence Wilson,|
Capt Luis Rivas
Promotions and Awards
|Capt Georgios Michelogiannakis, Capt Luis Rivas|
- 2d Lt Terence Wilson was promoted to Capt.
- Capt Georgios Michelogiannakis and 1st Lt Robert Kraus received the Red Service Award, to recognize their 2 years of membership in good standing.
- Capt Georgios Michelogiannakis was awarded the Find Ribbon after achieving his first non-distress find; 1st Lt Matthew Gast was given the propeller device to add to his existing Find Ribbon.
- 2d Lt Tim Roberts was awarded his Mission Scanner ES rating.
- 1st Lt Matthew Gast was awarded a Cadet Orientation Pilot Ribbon.
- 1st Lt Mike Cao was awarded a Counter Drug Ribbon.
Congratulations to all members for their achievements and their continuing dedication to CAP’s mission and ongoing training.
|1st Lt Mike Cao, Capt Luis Rivas|
Maj Kumar Misra presented this month’s Safety Orientation.
|1st Lt Robert Kraus, Capt Luis Rivas|
Blood borne pathogens are high on the list of issues to be mindful of, as one of them is outright preventable (Hepatitis B) with a vaccination series.
The other two pathogens (Hepatitis C and HIV) also pose serious threats, and contact precautions (such as using disposable gloves) must be used to best minimize the chances of disease contraction.
Exposure to fresh blood is the most dangerous way to contract these pathogens, especially if the exposure happens to an open wound and/or to mucous membranes, such as to the eyes.
|Maj Kumar Misra|