|1st Lt Stevulak, Capt Rivas
Congratulations to the following members:
- Red Ribbon – 2yr: 1st Lt John Stevulak
- Red Ribbon – 10yr: Capt Lutz Heinrich
- Red Ribbon – 25yr: Lt Col Roger Glenn
Awarded last month but presented this month:
- Disaster Relief Ribbon with Silver V: CAP445: Maj Luneau, 1st Lts Cao and Rugroden, Base Staff: Majs Johnson/C and Johnson/K
|Capt Rivas, Maj Johnson/K, Maj Johnson/C,
1st Lt Rugroden, 1st Lt Cao
|Capt Rivas, 2d Lt Roberts and Capt Fenolio
- SM Timothy Roberts was promoted to 2d Lt
- 1st Lt Douglas Perreira was promoted to Capt
- 1st Lt Chris Fenolio was promoted to Capt
Safety Briefing: Passenger Briefings
2d Lt Roberts conducted this month’s safety briefing, presenting a video and leading a discussion of passenger briefings.
|2d Lt Roberts
- Do they really know how to operate the seatbelts? There is a range of styles, each with its own method of opening/closing.
- Do they know how to operate the doors?
- What is the plan for egress in an emergency? Have you ever practiced it? How/when will the crewmember in the back get out?
- Do your passengers know how to operate the radios, at least at a most basic level to call for help in the event you, as pilot, are incapacitated? Do they know the emergency frequency?
- What is available by way of a safety kit, either the airplane’s or one you, as pilot, brought?
|A toast to Squadron 188 - celebrating our Unit Citation
After the presentations, we had a short celebration with sparkling apple cider, to celebrate the Unit Citation awarded to Squadron 188. Congratulations to all members!
Upcoming events include:
- Holiday dinner, TBD
- Wreaths Across America
- Aerospace Education class #2 on Tuesday 11 November (click here for a description of the SR-71 Blackbird class)