July’s All Hands meeting took place on the 5th of July.
|Squadron 188 Members at the All Hands Meeting|
A warm welcome to our newest member, SM Dhawallah Aisien.
Squadron Monthly Recap
June was another busy month for our squadron, including multiple missions and training events.
- On the 10th of June, 2d Lt Alexei Roudnev served on an Urban Direction Finder (UDF) team and earned a Find.
- From the 13th – 15th of June, Capt Jordan Hayes, 1st Lt Eric Choate, and 1st Lt Gabriel Fletcher-Hernandez participated in Ardent Sentry, serving as Mission Observer (MO), Mission Pilot (MP) and Airborne Photographer (AP), respectively.
- On the 17th of June, Capt Georgios Michelogiannakis and 2d Lt Tim Roberts participated in an ELT mission in King City, serving as MP and MO, respectively.
- On the 26th of June, Maj Steven DeFord (Transport Mission Pilot - TMP), Maj Chris Johnson (Air Operations Branch Director - AOBD), Maj Kathy Johnson (Mission Radio Operator – MRO), and Capt Michelogiannakis (TMP) participated in a CARDA/K-9 mission
- On the 30th of June, Maj DeFord (UDF), Maj Noel Luneau (MP), and Capt Hayes (MO) earned a Find in an ELT mission in Placerville.
- On the 2nd of July, Maj Luneau and 1st Lt Alvaro Chavez served on a UDF team on an ELT mission in Livermore.
|Capt Hayes and Lt Pat Bitz presenting this month's Aerospace Moment|
- On the 8th of June, Maj Mark Fridell (Aerospace Education Excellence – AEX), Capt Michelogiannakis (CFI), and Lt Choate (Recruiting) participated in an education outreach event at Richmond College Preparatory School.
- On the 11th of June, Capt Don Eichelberger (instructor) and Capt Kathy Browne (student), and Lt Roudnev (student) participated in the Airborne Photography ground school @ KSAC
- On the 25th of June, Maj DeFord, Maj Luneau, Capt Hayes, Capt Luis Rivas, and Lt Hollerbach participated as instructors/staff in the 2016 Mission Aircrew School, NorCal Ground School @ OAK. Maj Mark Fridell (MP-T), Capt Brown (MO-T), and 2d Lt Roudnev (MO-T) participated as students. See our earlier blog posting for more information.
- From the 26th through the 28th of June, 1st Lt Choate served as Orientation Pilot at the Encampment @ Camp San Luis Obispo
Awards, ES Ratings & Professional Development
Congratulations to all of the following members and thank you for your dedication to CAP and hard work:
|Lt Zherebnenkov receiving his Leadership Award|
from Capt Rivas
- Maj Jeff Ironfield renewed his F5
- Capt Hayes renewed his MO rating
- 2d Lt Booth renewed his F5 and earned his TMP appointment
- Capt Hayes completed the Technician level of the Emergency Services specialty track
- 2d Lt Zherebnenkov received a Leadership Award, for his first Specialty Track Technician Level in Aerospace
- Lt Roudnev was awareded a search Find Ribbon, for his first find
|Lt Roudnev receiving his Find Ribbon from Capt Rivas|
- 9-10 July: Squadron Leadership School (SLS) / Corporate Learning Course (CLC) @ San Francisco (Maj Maggie Wang)
- 9-10 July: DREX @ KSAC
- 13 July: Aerospace Education Camp @ KTSP (Tehachapi: Maj DeFord, Maj Fridell)
- 22-24 July: Mission Aircrew School (training for MP and MO) @ Fresno -participants from our squadron will include Lt Col Tinnirello, PIO; Maj Fridell, MP-T; Maj Luneau, MP-Mentor; Capt Brown, MO-T; Lt Roudnev: Mission Staff Assistant (MSA)
- 28-29 August: LVK Advanced Exercise
- 4-6 November: CAWG Conference, Bakersfield
|Maj Blank presenting the Safety|
Maj Phil Blank led this month’s safety presentation on crew resource management (CRM).
This month’s aerospace moment was a timely presentation on Juno.
We were also reminded that Lt Col Roger Glenn has been a member of our squadron since 1989, as mentioned in Vol 1 of the Logbook. We have a printed version to prove it! Thank you, Lt Col Glenn!
Post a Comment